WooCommerce installation – the host server requirements
Prior to installation, the host server requirements need a check. The minimum specification must be met, if not, get a recommended host. Go through the following steps:
- Log into your WordPress site
- Go to “Plugins” then to “Add New”
- Search for “WooCommerce”
- Select “Install Now”
- Select “Activate Now”
WooCommerce is ready to be used.
After first activation the WooCommerce Setup Wizard helps the user in setting up the shop.
In case of carrying out a multisite installation, each site in the network although sharing a database, stores its information in separate tables making each store is a separate setup.
For reverting back to an old version of WooCommerce:
- Disable and delete the current plugin
- Restore a previous backup of your store’s database
- Download a previous version
- Upload the previous version under “Plugins” > “Add New”
- Activate the previous version
It is highly recommended that the merchants must have the backups of there merchandizing business.
Two points are to be noted while uninstalling WooCommerce from a device.
- Existing settings, pages, orders, products etc are still there in the database
- Total removal needs ability to modify site’s wp-config.php
- To do that, open the site’s wp-config file and add define (‘WC_REMOVE_ALL_DATA’, true); on its own line above the /*
It is done.
Still in doubt, call an expert or ask for BrandCrock GmbH, Munich.