The powerful E-Commerce solution for every business model. Shopware is the highly customizable, future-oriented open E-Commerce platform that turns ambitious business ideas into inspiring success stories. Set your own rules, innovate fast, and stand out with an expertly executed brand strategy and a powerful platform to support your vision.
Shopware download is free. Shopware offers a free Shopware Community Edition package which everyone can install on our own environment for development and production purpose. Shopware is developed in the PHP programming language.
What is Shopware?
Shopware is a german open-source platform that focuses on the stimulation of customer experience. Shopware was established in 2000, and in the meantime, they have more than 80,000 happy customers.
Shopware is available in the following editions:
- Community Edition
- Professional Edition
- Professional Plus Edition
- Enterprise Edition
Shopware 6 Download
You can download the free Shopware 6 Community Edition and you can install it in your own hosting server or locally on your PC, Mac, or Linux computer, or in a virtual machine.
Shopware 6 download page: https://www.shopware.com/en/download/
Shopware 5 Download
You can download the free Shopware 5 Community Edition and you can install it in your own hosting server or locally on your PC, Mac, or Linux computer, or in a virtual machine.
Shopware 5 download page: https://www.shopware.com/en/download/#shopware-5
Is Shopware free? How much does Shopware cost?
Shopware is an open source E-Commerce platform based on quite modern technology. Shopware is free to download. The licensing costs are dependent on the edition you choose.
- Community Edition – Free
- Professional – € 2,495.00
- Enterprise – On-demand
Shopware Advantages and Disadvantages
Shopware has the following advantages and disadvantages:
Advantages of Shopware
The enormous rise of Shopware has of course to do with the many advantages that the platform offers. Shopware comes standard with some cool functionalities.
- The shop system is browser-based
- The backend can be operated easily and intuitively
- Extensive support is provided (from Professional Edition upwards)
- No programming knowledge is required to set up and operate the system
- Uncomplicated creation not only of individual landing pages, but of entire worlds of experience and themes
- Internal wiki with extensive explanations and instructions
- A wide range of functions and templates
- High flexibility, scalability and individual design for different target groups from SMEs to large companies
- Different versions for different needs and price ranges
Disadvantages of Shopware
Where every platform has its advantages, it naturally also has its disadvantages. And that is no different with Shopware.
- Some important functions are only available in paid plugins
- Special server or web hosting required
- In some cases high costs due to premium plugins
- Special technical knowledge is required for the installation of Shopware